We hope this post finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
We are excited to announce that our office is open and treating patients once again. We are currently contacting patients who had to cancel their appointment during the last 3 months while we were closed. We are also prioritizing patients who reached out with emergencies during the pandemic. If you need an appointment, for anything from an emergency to a routine cleaning, please call our office at 718-855-7545 to reserve chair time with our clinicians.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority at Moshman Dental and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- All patients must wear a face mask in order to enter the office and will have their forehead temperature taken.
- We are discouraging any companions from attending the appointment to ensure social distancing.
- All dental providers will be wearing high level masks, face shields, and gowns.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions via text message or phone call. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We now offer zero-wait appointments. You will enter the office and go straight to your treatment room where you dentist or hygienist will be ready for you. No more waiting in the waiting room!
- We have hand sanitizer or soap and water that we will ask you to use when you enter the room.
- We have UVC HEPA air purifiers for each room.
- A partition has been installed at the front desk to reduce possible transmission with support staff.
- Appointments will be staggered to allow for social distancing between patients. Appointment times will also be lengthened to allow for a thorough disinfection between patients.
We now offer 100% touchless payments to maximize infection control. You can prepay online before your appointment or leave a credit card on file to be billed at the time of treatment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 718-855-7545.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Drs. Moshman, Bowers, and Moshman